[CentOS] Re: "near native" performance with xen?

Mon Aug 6 20:15:14 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Johnn Tan spake the following on 8/6/2007 12:51 PM:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>> Of course you need physical volumes but look for a storage
>> solution that will also run as direct to disk as possible,
>> maybe something based on the newer SATA/SAS where the RAID
>> logic is built into the enclosure and a plain SATA/SAS
>> card is in the server which can be actively shared between
>> multiple domUs.
>>
>> If that is out of your budget then use some type of hardware
>> RAID for your volumes to get rid of any use of software RAID
>> in dom0 for guest storage.
>
> I'm not sure what the distinction is between your first paragraph and
> the second. When I read the first paragraph, I thought: "hardware RAID"
> but it seems like you're referring to something else.
In the first paragraph I think he was referring to an external attached
storage device with the raid logic built in to itself, and presenting to the
outside a scsi or sata connection.
In the second paragraph I believe he was referring to a raid card and some
drives internal to the server.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and