[CentOS] [5.0] little bug confirmation request

Wed Aug 8 06:46:51 UTC 2007
Wojtek.Pilorz <wpilorz at bdk.pl>

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Lukasz wrote:
> Subject: [CentOS] [5.0] little bug confirmation request
> can someone do this:
>
> 1. download this archive
> http://plone.googlecode.com/files/Plone-2.5.3-final.tar.gz
>
> 2. open it using midnight commander
>
> 3. copy its content to any directory
I would suggest you try
a) unpacking with tar and look at the result
b) if the problem exists with tar, run strace on tar, otherwise
   run strace on mc
c) run strace with the same program unpacking archive on CentOS5.0 machine
   where it does work correctly
d) compare results (look at the piece surrounding selected truncated name)