[CentOS] OT: Suggestions for RAID HW for 2 SATA drives in DellPowerEdge SC

Thu Aug 30 02:08:58 UTC 2007
Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>

RAID 1 is mirroring (data are stored on both diks), RAID 0 is striping (data
are split between both disk).
If one disk fail, You will loose your data in RAID 0, not in RAID 1.

You can change this setting yourself later using the BIOS menu or the DELL
CD.

I recommend RAID 1 for safety

Regards

PS: RAID 1 don't dispense you to regularly check if both disk are healthy
and how to replace a defect one without losing valuable data saved on the
other.