[CentOS] Re: [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS-5.1 i386 and x86_64

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Dec 3 16:05:34 UTC 2007

on 12/2/2007 11:20 PM Johnny Hughes spake the following:
> Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
>> Is this netinstall ISO pretty much the same as the ServerCD of the
>> CentOS 4 series?
>>
> No .. it is the boot.iso, but moved over into the ISOs directory.
>
> We will try to have a single Server CD for centos-5 as well ... the
> problem is, it is harder to get a sane install with centos-5 that fits
> on one CD and is not just a minimal install.  The minimal install
> already is able to be done from CD-1.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes
But a single CD install takes digging through menus and de-selecting a bunch
of stuff. It wouldn't be so bad, but I remember a "select all" button but not
a "de-select all" one. Maybe a server cd could be made that by default does
what takes digging through menus to do now. Or a commandline option to the
regular 1st cd like linux serveronly that does the proper thing.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and