[CentOS] Anyone using sendmail?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 5 23:48:11 UTC 2007

--On Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:57 PM -0700 Craig White
<craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> Once you've used cyrus, you'd never go back to uw-imap or dovecot
>
> Each e-mail is stored as a separate file, not a nasty single mbox file
> that gets large.

Note that the competitors can use maildir, so this isn't a Cyrus-only
feature.

But AFAIK this comes at a storage penalty: Many small files will waste
space approximately equal to half the storage allocation unit times the
number of files. Or is there a way to mitigate this on ext3? (I don't want
to go to Reiser.)