[CentOS] Re: Please help me rate vnc, rdesktop, and freenx

Dan likuidkewl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:00:08 UTC 2007

Mainly it will all depend on "your" server specifications and network
setup.  We use VNC to remotely control the Windows boxes on the network and
it does an ok job, but even T1 to T1 we have a bit of lag.
We also use FreeNX for remote desktop features and it is quite fast from
home to office, it does have its quirks though.
So in all try them out in a lab and see which one is the best fit for you.
I have to agree though that for "everyday" use ssh is just fine.

Dan