[CentOS] Re: Re: Re: are RPMForge and EPEL compatible?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:30:26 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I have repeatedly asked people to take this conversation away from this
> list. Is there really any point you are trying to make by carrying on ?
>
> its not that hard to just post a follow up on another list, both you and
> rex are on the epel and the rpmforge lists. how about pick one and post
> the follow up's there ?

There is a distribution-related issue here whether you care to
acknowledge it or not - and the solution isn't going to be to wait until
the whole world decides on only one version of everything.  Incompatible
repositories should be allowed/encouraged to exist and we need a way to
deal with them reasonably.

But on a more personal note you should take it as a tribute to to the
base distro packaging that you've just rolled out a massive update and
the chatter on the list is mostly rants about unrelated trivia.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com