[CentOS] perl-File-Temp problem

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Dec 10 13:06:06 UTC 2007

Ftnx wrote on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 23:25:16 -0500:

> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz from install of
> perl-File-Temp-0.19-1.el5.rf conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.8-10.el5_0.2

I'm not sure, but I think this means that your *attempted* install of the
rpmforge package fails! (So, this is from your attempt to fix the problem,
it didn't create the problem!)

> I started looking for the problem, when amavisd-new failed with an error
> pointing to File::Temp.

It may not have failed because of the attempted installation above, but
because amavisd-new needs functionality that is not in the core File::Temp,
but only in perl-File-Temp-0.19-1. Coincidentally (?) the very latest
MailScanner also needs the very latest perl-File-Temp ...
AFAIK it is not recommended to replace files from the Perl core package.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany