[CentOS] After 5.1 update $releasever is still 5

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 11 18:11:01 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Where is this set? Why was it not changed to 5.1?
>
> The question has been answered a few times already, i suggest you do
> some research on your own part before just blindly writing to the list.
Myst have mystyped $releasever when I did a serch in my mail folder....
My dyslexia at work. Or just my poor typing.
>> On the one clean install from the 5.1 isos, $releasever is at 5.1 I
>> think.
>

> either someone changed that manually, or you are wrong. Please confirm
> if there is indeed a 5.1 being reported as $releasever ? if so, your
> yum configs are broken or manually modified.
Kind of hard on that system as the drive crashed, but I have another
install set up for later today.
> CentOS has always had trunk release at the main version number in repo
> tree's, for CentOS-3, 4 and now 5
I did a search for $rel in the message body (instead of trying to spell
it right), and found the various discussions.

Thanks for the pointer.