[CentOS] hpasm snmp agent -- (Was) Tons of SNMP ?errors? in /var/log/messages

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Dec 12 17:59:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:05 -0800, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> I'm running up-to-date CentOS 5 w/ Xen.  I'm getting tons (tons = 13787
> just yesterday, presumably because I have a monitoring system poll every
> 5 minutes) of log entries of the following:
>
> netsnmp_assert index == tmp failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:467
> _access_interface_entry_save_name()
>
> and
>
> netsnmp_assert rc == 0 failed if-mib/ifTable/ifTable_data_access.c:209
> _check_interface_entry_for_updates()
>

> When I do an SNMPWalk, everything looks ok (now that IPv6 is back on) on
> the host doing the walking, but on the other side it is spewing the
> above messages.  I have not been able to find out anything about these.
> I had IPv6 turned off (by the "alias net-pf-10 off" method), but in
> troubleshooting these messages I turned it back on (because there were
> other snmpd messages complaining about unable to find ipv6 entries).
>
> Anyone have some knowledge about this?
>

> --Tim

So...I realized that I had installed the hpasm package from HP in an
effort to get more info about the CCISS controller and temperatures.
Does anybody have any experience in gathering that kind of data from
SNMP with or without the agent from HP?  I have a DL580 G2 if that
matters.

--Tim
/ malpractice, n.:                        \
\         The reason surgeons wear masks. /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )