[CentOS] ld issue

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Dec 13 16:31:55 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> I have an annoying little issue that perhaps someone can explain to me.
>
> I installed zenoss (very cool, http://www.zenoss.org) and things are OK.
>
> when I use emacs or when somethings like a cron job execute, I get
> notice of an error...
>
> emacs: /opt/zenoss/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available
> (required by emacs)
> or

this sort of stuff really does belong on the zenoss list though. While
it is somewhat loosely connected back to the Distro, you should come to
the distro list only once you have tried the other routes for the
specific product where you are having the issue.

the other thing is, people with similar issues on the same platform are
also more likely to look at the product list first, so your conversation
might carry high utility factors there :D