[CentOS] Re: What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Dec 14 18:40:19 UTC 2007

on 12/13/2007 6:43 PM Chris Mauritz spake the following:

>>> Actually, if you're using Windows XP (32-bit), Evolution does work.
>>> At least according to these folks:
>>>
>>> http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/
>>>
>>> Best,
>> After trying this, it doesn't work very well.
>>
>> "These aren't the droids we're looking for. You can go about your
>> business. Move along. Move along."
>

> I haven't actually tried it myself since I'm satisfied with
> Thunderbird.  What exactly was wrong with it?  I've never used Evolution
> (even on Linux) since it always seemed rather buggy to me.

I tried a quick install "just to see" and no matter how I tried to connect to
my imap server, it kept throwing ssl errors, even without trying an encrypted
connection. In no way could I connect and display messages or folders.
Then after uninstall, it left a lot of stuff behind, still running.
I think the creator made it just fit their requirements and stopped.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and