[CentOS] Re: What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Fri Dec 14 18:53:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 10:40 -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 12/13/2007 6:43 PM Chris Mauritz spake the following:

> >> After trying this, it doesn't work very well.
> >>
> >> "These aren't the droids we're looking for. You can go about your
> >> business. Move along. Move along."
> >

> > I haven't actually tried it myself since I'm satisfied with
> > Thunderbird.  What exactly was wrong with it?  I've never used Evolution
> > (even on Linux) since it always seemed rather buggy to me.
> >
> I tried a quick install "just to see" and no matter how I tried to connect to
> my imap server, it kept throwing ssl errors, even without trying an encrypted
> connection. In no way could I connect and display messages or folders.
> Then after uninstall, it left a lot of stuff behind, still running.
> I think the creator made it just fit their requirements and stopped.
----
I've been using Evolution in various versions via CentOS, RHEL and
Fedora for years, always with an IMAP server and using TLS too. Note
that this e-mail (like all my e-mails whether from office or home) was
written with Evolution.

Never had an issue

The only feature that it seems to lack is support for namespaces such as
those offered by cyrus with shared folders.

Craig