[CentOS] "multi-boot" drive partitioning

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 18 03:52:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:44:38 +1000 (EST)
"redhat at mckerrs.net" <redhat at mckerrs.net> wrote:

> Have you thought about virtualization ? What hardware are you planning on running this on ?

It's a new Intel Pentium Core 2 machine.

I don't want to complicate this thing any more than I have to.  I want to be
able to put this machine in the corner and tell the guy who owns the place
that if his webserver quits, he can put the spare online and hit "1", if the
application server quits, put it online and hit "2" and so on.  And 4
independent and separate Centos installations sounds like the easiest way to
accomplish that, if I knew how to partition the disk.