[CentOS] Postfix Configuration Setup for 2+ domains

Christopher Chan christopher at ias.com.hk
Thu Dec 20 23:24:32 UTC 2007

> I have it setup to listen to 2 ip addresses but as of now I get:
>
> 220 smtp.domainA ESMTP Postfix
>
> on both addresses. Is there a way to have one address show as:
>
> 220 smtp.domainA ESMTP Postfix
>
> and the other:
>
> 220 smtp.domainB ESMTP Postfix

You can achieve that in master.cf.

IPA:smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
         -o mail_name=smtp.domainA
IPB:smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
         -o mail_name=smtp.domainB

> More importantly, email send via 1 should look like it came from that
> domain and email sent to the other look like it came from its domain.

You have to be a bit more clear on this. As an example, do you want
userA uses YahooA via your server to have his YahooA address rewritten
to his userA address and emails from userA must also leave your box via IPA?

Or do you want if userA sends mail via IPA with another domain's addy
other than userA, reject?

Or do you want postfix to log domainA emails with smtp.domainA name and
likewise domainB emails as smtp.domainB?