[CentOS] Natulius CD burner does not accept my 700Mb CD-R disks

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 26 16:40:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, William L. Maltby wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 11:11 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
>> <snip>
>
> Almost forgot. IIRC, usb devices are always scsi. My usb flash drives
> all appear as scsi. So we can be certain that you need a scsi stack of
> loadable modules similar to the ones on my system that I showed earlier.
>
> On my 4.x, the only machine I have the flash drives in ATM), I see
>
>    sd_mod                 17345  4
>    usb_storage            60937  2
>    scsi_mod              125901  2 sd_mod,usb_storage
>    uhci_hcd               31705  0
>    ehci_hcd               31429  0
>
> out of lsmod. I'm pretty sure you'll need those. But my usb is 2.0, so
> I'm not sure about the to *_hcd modules. I think those were common among
> the 1.x -> 2.x versions of usb.

A few items that may be obvious but I'll still ask/suggest:

- Turn off the CD drive, and unplug the USB cable from both drive and PC

- Gracefully shut down the PC, then physically power off (if necessary)

- Plug the USB cable back into both devices (CD and PC)

- Turn on the CD drive

- Turn on the PC

Keep an eye on all status messasges.  If all looks good, try to read a
disk.   If that works, try to burn  a disk.  Use command-line utils to
start.

Let us know.

Scott