[CentOS] How to setup viralator

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 07:01:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I set up HAVP.  I got the below RPM  from Dag.

havp-0.82-1.el4.test.i386.rpm

It says test.i386.rpm.

Why is that ? Is it not stable.

Any way, I installed it. I set it up in both ways that are havp as parent
proxy and a squid as a parent proxy.

First I set it up as squid as parent proxy enabling below 2 things in
/etc/havp/havp.config

 PARENTPROXY localhost
 PARENTPORT 3128

It worked. I checked both squid and havp logs.

Then I set it up HAVP as a parent proxy. I disabled the above 2 lines in
/etc/havp/havp.config and added below lines to /etc/squid/squid.conf

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest no-netdb-exchange
default
acl Scan_HTTP proto HTTP
never_direct allow Scan_HTTP

It also woked. I checked both squid and havp logs.

Now I want to know which is better for productiuon enviroment?

Squid as a Parent proxy or HAVP as Paernt proxy ?

and I also want to know that whether anti-virus proceess occurs in both
ways, while browsing web?

Is there a way to test it?

And one more thing ....

I mounted my /var partition in following way.

mount -o remount,mand /var

How to add this to /etc/fstab ? Then I do not need to add it to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local

Pls help me.

On 2/5/07, Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 13:47 +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to setup viaralator with squid and clamav. I have never set it
> > up . Is anybody out there who has set ip up on CentOS 4.4.
>
> I advice you to use havp instead of viralator ... Havp package exists in
> the rpmforge repo for centos 4.x ...
>
> --
> Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Thank you