[CentOS] How to setup viralator

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Feb 9 19:02:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 12:31 +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi,
<snip>
> Now I want to know which is better for productiuon enviroment?
>
> Squid as a Parent proxy or HAVP as Paernt proxy ?

It's up to you to decide and both are 'supported' and documented on the
havp website.
Usually i use HAVP as a parent proxy for Squid because squid can use
authentication programs (like ntlm that i use a lot in M$ networks) and
can handle blacklist, ACLs etc ... so squid does all the job and havp is
just used one step further just for the antivirus stuff ....
On the other hand, every is logged in squid log file and i can genereate
reports easily with sarg (also available in the rpmforge repo )

> I mounted my /var partition in following way.
>
> mount -o remount,mand /var
>
> How to add this to /etc/fstab ? Then I do not need to add it
> to /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> Pls help me.

For this one you should just have look in the standard /etc/fstab file,
but let's just say that you just to change defaults to defaults,mand