[CentOS] Latest Plus Kernel include MD RAID-1 BIO_RW_SYNC patch?

Fri Feb 23 21:45:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 14:01 -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> I am inquiring on the list if anybody knows if the latest plus kernel
> includes the fixes for MD RAID-1 where it didn't pass down the
> BIO_RW_SYNC flag on cloned bios.
>
> This bug was discovered in December by the DRBD project and patches were
> posted by Lars Ellenberg from that project to the LKM which were then
> merged into the 2.6.19 kernel.
>
> The bug causes severe performance penalties for applications that use
> the BIO_RW_SYNC flag on block requests.
>
> The fix is a simple 2 to 4 line change where it ORs the sync flag on the
> cloned bios.
>
> If it isn't in the plus kernel, how would one go about putting a request
> to have it included?

Ross,

We don't normally include external patches in the CentOSPlus kernel ...
just change options in the config file, however since we also do support
DRBD and heartbeat in CentOS Extras I would be willing to try to make
this happen in the Plus Kernel.

Have you been able to roll this patch in to the current Plus kernel?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes