[CentOS] How do I burn a CD image under CentOS?

Wed Feb 14 20:09:52 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhull-richter at datallegro.com>

Newbie question (again):

I'm running CentOS 4.4 (2.6.9-42.0.8) and have not been able to burn an
ISO image of a 3rd party driver to my CD burner. cdrecord generates this
and I'm not sure where to go on this from here:

$ cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (--) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jrg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c 1.83
04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'HL-DT-ST' 'DVD+-RW GSA-H21N' 'A105' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *

# cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 megas*.img
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (--) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jrg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg0'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

And after all that, what I really need to know is: how do I burn a CD
image under CentOS? (Not write files to a CD, burn an image to one.)

Thanks.