[CentOS] Centos 4 and Supermicro ICH7R

Thu Feb 15 16:35:56 UTC 2007
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

ich7 is software raid in disguise.  If you want hardware raid buy a true
hardware raid card.  There are many cards that are also software raid
cards in disguise.  Stick with areca, 3ware are the two most well known
true hardware raid cards.  LIS logic has some but i am not familiar with
them.  The list can inform you of others real hardware raid cards if you
want more options.

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: