[CentOS] qmail on CentOS 4.4

Tue Feb 6 22:19:41 UTC 2007
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet.com>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Sendmail + MimeDefang is probably the most efficient combination but
> spamassassin is the real resource hog wherever it runs.

No disagreement there.  It *is* the most problematic and time consuming
portion of my entire SMTP application.  ~5 seconds is about the average
time to scan an email.  Spamassasin's also susceptible to it's bayesian
filter
databases becoming corrupted, which causes untold havoc until you rebuild
them with a two huge directories full of alternatively SPAM and HAM.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss