[CentOS] qmail on CentOS 4.4

Wed Feb 7 03:06:11 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Feizhou wrote:

>> Sendmail continues to deliver with procmail.  The difference when
>> using mimedefang is that you have already rejected viruses and spam
>> with high enough scores to reject early in the smtp conversation, and
>> spamassassion only needs to run once on messages with multiple
>> recipients.  You can add a header with the spamassassin score, then
>> filter/sort on that in procmail (or pop/imap agents) so users can have
>> different handling of the same message.  The mimedefang operations are
>> controlled by a small  snippet of perl so it is easy to customize.
>>

> I'd much rather use maildrop to do the final filtering/delivery than
> procmail. procmail is a beast.

Sendmail doesn't much care what local delivery agent you configure.  If
you are using dovecot you might also like its 'deliver' program and its
sieve plugin.  Procmail is only tolerable because so many people use it
and you can find examples of about anything you might want it to do.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com