[CentOS] mod_perl and httpd2

Fri Feb 9 00:04:57 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Peter Serwe wrote:
> I've got httpd and mod_perl installed, but I seem to have an
> application that requires part of mod_perl that doesn't seem
> to be properly installed into perl, notably, the 'Apache' portion.
>
> To 'fix' this, cpan would like to install either mod_perl-1.29,
> or alternatively to install mod_perl-2.0.2.  1.29 doesn't seem
> smart, and 2.0.2 absolutely will not install over the top of 1.99-16.

In case it is RT you are trying to install, the RPM-packaged version
described here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
includes a packaged, working modperl2.  If it isn't RT, you might still
be able to get what you need from that repository.  There are some
confusing comments down the (wiki) page about updating httpd and modperl
separately, but you don't have to do that if you are using this packaged
version.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com