[CentOS] mod_perl and httpd2

Fri Feb 9 00:39:46 UTC 2007
Gavin Carr <gavin at openfusion.com.au>

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:04:57PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Peter Serwe wrote:
> >I've got httpd and mod_perl installed, but I seem to have an
> >application that requires part of mod_perl that doesn't seem
> >to be properly installed into perl, notably, the 'Apache' portion.
> >
> >To 'fix' this, cpan would like to install either mod_perl-1.29,
> >or alternatively to install mod_perl-2.0.2.  1.29 doesn't seem
> >smart, and 2.0.2 absolutely will not install over the top of 1.99-16.
>
> In case it is RT you are trying to install, the RPM-packaged version
> described here:
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
> includes a packaged, working modperl2.  If it isn't RT, you might still
> be able to get what you need from that repository.  There are some
> confusing comments down the (wiki) page about updating httpd and modperl
> separately, but you don't have to do that if you are using this packaged
> version.

I've got slightly newer self-rolled mod_perl packages available here too:

  http://www.openfusion.com.au/mrepo/centos4-i386/RPMS.local/
  http://www.openfusion.com.au/mrepo/centos4-x86_64/RPMS.local/

I've got them in production on several boxes, so they're reasonably well
tested.

You definitely don't want to use the stock 1.99 mod_perl - it was reasonably
obsolete when RHEL4 was released, and is positively archaic now.

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Gavin Carr