[CentOS] CentOS 3 vs. CentOS 4 Memory Utilization

Sat Feb 10 12:48:51 UTC 2007
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

i moved away from Red Hat 2.4x kernels as they have an annoying tendency
to swap instead of giving back cache.  I moved to Centos-4 and i have
vm.swappiness to zero and am using at most 144K of swap across 5 machines.

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: