[CentOS] koffice in Centos 4

Mon Feb 12 16:00:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 12:19 -0300, Dago Pacheco wrote:
> Hi everybody... first of all, this is my first mail for this list and
> perhaps i won't explain me as clear as i want, because of my English (i
> speak Spanish), so hope u can help me.
> Well, I need a good diagram drawer. I have Dia, but i hate it, so I
> google and found Kivio, from the Koffice suite, but I just can't install
> it, by yum, by downloading a package... anything.
> What can I do?

koffice is not provided by CentOS (because it is not in the upstream
product).

You might try the kde-redhat project, as they do have koffice there, and
they do have a centos repository.

http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories

(look for kde-redhat)

This would increase several items on CentOS to much newer versions, yum
will tell you which ones.  That would be the only solution I know of
that works with yum.

However, you do need to understand what this does to your CentOS
install.  I am personally using that repo and it WorksForMe(TM) ... it
may add to many new items for your situation, so you should make sure
you know what you are getting into :D

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes