[CentOS] Kickstart with all the latest updates?

Wed Feb 28 02:14:53 UTC 2007
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

On Feb 27, 2007, at 21:06, William Warren wrote:

> why not setup your own cent 4.4 repo..have it rsynch with a mirror
> which will get the updates for you then you can kickstart to your
> internal repo?

Hmm, maybe I am overlooking the obvious.  I already have a local
CentOS mirror that I rsync every night.  And every couple of weeks or
so I do a "yum -y update" on all my machines, which pull in
everything from my local mirror.  But when I kickstart a new machine,
it installs the original CentOS 4.4 bits, and when I do a "yum -y
update" it installs 150+ packages.

I want the kickstart process to include those new packages directly,
and for that I would have to modify how things are set up on the
kickstart server.  Is it just a matter of copying all the RPMs from
the yum mirror to the kickstart server.  If so, which RPMs do I
copy?  My yum repository has lots of directories named RPMS:

   # find 4.4 -name RPMS
   4.4/addons/i386/RPMS
   4.4/build/livecd/RPMS
   4.4/centosplus/i386/RPMS
   4.4/contrib/i386/RPMS
   4.4/csgfs/i386/RPMS
   4.4/extras/i386/RPMS
   4.4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS
   4.4/fasttrack/i386/RPMS
   4.4/updates/i386/RPMS

My kickstart server only has one directory name RPMS (if I remember
correctly, I can't access it currently).

Alfred