[CentOS] Kickstart with all the latest updates?

Wed Feb 28 08:19:07 UTC 2007
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 28/02/07, William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> Can't you just point the kickstart files to the local mirror?  That way
> when you do the install you are grabbing the updated files from the get-go.

I think what Alfred's asking is how does he roll the updates from (for
example for i386) /centos-4/4.4/updates/i386/RPMS/ into
/centos-4/4.4/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/ so that when he Kickstart builds a
system it's already using the latest versions of updated RPMS where
applicable. Rather than building from a pristine 4.4 repository then
having to 'yum update' after the install.

I have a vague recollection of having read how to do with with RHAS
2.1 a few years back so in principle I guess it's possible.

I'd build a list of updated packages, minus the version/release
numbers. Create a copy of /centos-4/4.4/updates/i386/RPMS/, remove all
the default versions of packages updated from there and drop copies of
the latest in instead and try a build from that test tree. He might
have to munge some of the XML package manifest stuff too.

Will.