[CentOS] WinXP don't boot

Tue Jan 16 11:05:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 11:38 +0100, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> > Try:
> > 	title Windows XP
> > 		map (hd0) (hd1)
> > 		map (hd1) (hd0)
> > 		rootnoverify (hd1,0)
> > 		chainloader +1
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> Also for me. It was the solution, but I don't understant exactly why.

If you added that drive to install CentOS and it became the first drive
(replacing the other one), in the system, your boot.ini on WindowsXP was
probably trying to boot from drive0 and not drive1.

You have reversed the mappings (which makes 1 -> 0 and 0 -> 1) which
corrected the problem.  WinXP now IS booting from drive0 and it is happy
again :P

You could also probably look at boot.ini on the XP box and change where
it points, but there is probably no need to do that now, as it is
working for you.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

<snip>