[CentOS] Problems with building a complete kernel

Mark Hull-Richter mhull-richter at datallegro.com
Fri Jan 26 17:49:29 UTC 2007

My bad - I rechecked and it is the correct source.  AND I found that the
make install (with make modules_install first) takes care of GRUB for
me.

BUT:

Now I can't boot because the installed Centos 4.4 was from the
distribution DVD, and it depends on the lvm to load.  My build doesn't
know about the lvm and it refuses to boot - it dies coming up with an
error from lvm, followed by two more where it can't find a file system,
then the kernel panics (and hangs the machine).

How do I get around lvm?

Thanks (again).