[CentOS] NX problems with centos 4.4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jan 12 04:47:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 09:23 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> If I access this system by nxclient-1.5.0 from some workstation (FC6)
> with Gnome desktop, then after a successful login the X11 windows have
> no windowmanager frame, so a handling of the X11 windows is very difficult.

I think I know what the problem is - I should add an article to my
website.

Anyway, you say you're running FC6 on the client you're connecting from.
FC6 loads the "composite" extension for the X server by default.  The NX
client doesn't like it: the result is exactly what you're seeing.

Disable the composite extension in xorg.conf, and restart the X server.
After you do, try logging into your remote NX session again.  Your
window manager should be back.

Regards,

Ranbir
--