[CentOS] NX problems with centos 4.4

Joachim Backes

joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Jan 12 05:54:24 UTC 2007

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 09:23 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> If I access this system by nxclient-1.5.0 from some workstation (FC6)
>> with Gnome desktop, then after a successful login the X11 windows have
>> no windowmanager frame, so a handling of the X11 windows is very difficult.
>
> I think I know what the problem is - I should add an article to my
> website.
>
> Anyway, you say you're running FC6 on the client you're connecting from.
> FC6 loads the "composite" extension for the X server by default.  The NX
> client doesn't like it: the result is exactly what you're seeing.
>
> Disable the composite extension in xorg.conf, and restart the X server.
> After you do, try logging into your remote NX session again.  Your
> window manager should be back.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ranbir

Hi Ranbir,

Adding the sequence

	Section "Extensions"
     		Option "Composite" "Disable"
	EndSection

at the end of /etc/X11/xorg.conf solved my problem: now the windowmanager in the remote CentOS NX
session starts correctly when GNOME is used.

Many thanks.

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
University of Kaiserslautern,Computer Center [RHRK],