[CentOS] Centos 4.4 install on ASUS A8V-VM does not find SATAdrives

Wed Jan 17 15:03:18 UTC 2007

Don Levey wrote:
> Sadly, this did not work.  I set the jumpers on the drives to SATA 1 (1.5GB)
> but the installation routine did exactly the same thing as before (did not
> automatically load the south bridge SATA controller, I selected via_sata
> manually, then when it came time to partition I was told there were no
> drives in the system).

What version of centos are you trying to install ? I am sitting here in
front of a A8V, and its working fine. I suggest you revert to factory
defaults on the bios, enable the promise sata interface, try centos-4.4
( btw, i run x86_64 on there, but that should not make a diff, the i386
should work fine as well )

- KB