[CentOS] Centos 4.4 install on ASUS A8V-VM does notfind SATAdrives

Wed Jan 17 15:21:19 UTC 2007
Don Levey <centos at the-leveys.us>

I'm trying CentOS 4.4; I'll try reverting to factory BIOS and using
promise_sata.  Thanks!
 -Don

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On
Behalf Of Karanbir Singh
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:03 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Centos 4.4 install on ASUS A8V-VM does notfind
SATAdrives

Don Levey wrote:
> Sadly, this did not work.  I set the jumpers on the drives to SATA 1
(1.5GB)
> but the installation routine did exactly the same thing as before (did not
> automatically load the south bridge SATA controller, I selected via_sata
> manually, then when it came time to partition I was told there were no
> drives in the system).

What version of centos are you trying to install ? I am sitting here in
front of a A8V, and its working fine. I suggest you revert to factory
defaults on the bios, enable the promise sata interface, try centos-4.4
( btw, i run x86_64 on there, but that should not make a diff, the i386
should work fine as well )