[CentOS] Where can I get samba-vscan from?

Sat Jan 27 14:32:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 10:15 +0400, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Am using CentOS 4.4. Have installed Samba and ClamAV. My understanding
> is that there's a vfs module (samba-vscan) which I have to install for
> Samba to virus scan its shares. Where can I get it from? I tried stuff
> like "yum install samba-vscan" etc but it doesn't seem to be there in
> the repos. I have RPMForge and the usual CentOS repos enabled.
>
> Is this something I have to install from the sources or can I get a
> binary package from someplace?
>
> Thanks,
> Rakhesh

That module does not exist in the Samba for CentOS-4.

You can get later versions of samba from enterprisesamba.org that does
have those modules.  (You are on your own for updates, etc. if you do
that, of course).

Also, the kde-redhat repository does have the newer sambas and a new KDE
and is fairly stable.

Both of these are 3rd party repos ... and make your centos different,
but have the rpm in question.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes