[CentOS] New packages installation via CDRom

Adriano dos Santos Vieira adriano.vieira at mte.gov.br
Thu Jul 5 18:29:04 UTC 2007

Matt Hyclak escreveu:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:24:34PM -0300, Adriano dos Santos Vieira enlightened us:
>> Does anyone knows how could I install some new packages on CentOS (4 and
>> 5) using the cdrom media?
>> Att: My HD doesn't have much space to copy cdrom content to build a
>> filesystem repository.
>> I hope this great tool will should ask me by each cdrom witch it need,
>> isn't it?
> Look at the file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo. The comments at the top
> should get you going.
> Matt
My appologizies, by my poor English and by my mistakes trying to explain
you this.

I just looked on that file. That one explain how to use DVD. If I'm not
wrong that process sounds like a filesystem, isn't it?

What about CDRom? I've a CDR-drive, thense I've 6 CDs (centos-5) media
and I want to use them to install some new packages. Once again, how
could I do this on CentOS?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Adriano Vieira