[CentOS] Re: SOLVED: Re: KStars on CentOS 4.4?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jul 27 18:30:53 UTC 2007

Lanny Marcus spake the following on 7/27/2007 9:47 AM:
> I was able to install the kdeedu RPM, from the Fedora Core 3 Install
> DVD, without any problem, on my CentOS 4.4 box and KStars is up and
> running and has been updated.  :-)
> The bad news is that I didn't learn anything, by doing it this quick
> and simple way, so now I'm going to begin reading about creating my own
> RPMs.
> When I get the CentOS 5.0 install DVD, that will be another issue
> for getting KStars installed. Thanks to those who responded! KStars
> is a very powerful and a very elegant program, for anyone interested
> in Astronomy.  Lanny
You can get Fedora 3 src rpms for Centos 4 and Fedora 6 srpms for Centos 5.
Then it can be as simple as rpmbuild --rebuild bla-bla-.src.rpm.
It can also be difficult if other dependencies creep in. But the rpmbuild
process should warn you.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!