[CentOS] yum remove 'tomcat*'?

Shawn javajunkie at koyuru.com
Tue Jul 31 13:39:02 UTC 2007

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaOnCentOS

> You COULD get the OOo2 suite from the openoffice.org website ... that
> gets rid of the tomcat issues.
>
> Eclipse ... not sure.
I kept having serious issues with gcj and so went to sun's version then
just got a .tar.gz package from eclipse.org

I run it with:
-vm /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.12/jre/bin/java -vmargs
-XX:PermSize=1024M

[-vm is because I do have gcj installed but do _not_ want to use it; -XX
is that with sun's java and what I was doing, it would crash unless the
vm had a larger permSize]