[CentOS] Firestarter on Centos 5

Tue Jul 17 04:38:02 UTC 2007

I am looking into different firewall tools.

Well, I am looking to turn my Centos notebook into a NAT box, so that I
can plug my corp notebook into its ethernet, and get access through my
Centos notebook's wireless connection.  (yes the corp notebook has
wireless, but they frown on us using it!)

I have started with Shorewall via webmin.  I suspect that since my main
firewall is Astaro, I will figure out Shorewall.

But in an earlier post to this list, there was a reference to
Firestarter (http://www.fs-security.com/).

Thing is there is no Redhat/Centos 5.0 rpm, only 4.x.

Anyone out there know if it will work?