[CentOS] Centos as a desktop, advisable?

Wed Jul 25 13:52:31 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

<snip>

I too feel that while CentOS is fantastic on my servers, it lags behind
a little too much for my desktop needs.

Here I use Fedora Core 6 on my desktops which has fully matured, and I
suspect when it reaches end-of-life then Fedora Core 7 will have fully
matured.

I use rapid software deployment, PXE/RIS, to deploy my OS and perform a
staggered install of a portion of my desktops Windows/Linux every year.
Since moving to Windows terminal servers for 2/3 of my Windows users
though I have not had to do that much on the Windows side.

-Ross