[CentOS] Java package status?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:50:01 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Has this RH errata made it into Centos5 yet?
>> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2007-0365.html
>
> Doesn't look like it.
>
>> If so, what does it take to fix the problem of tomcat not running under
>> Sun Java?  Do you have to remove all packages that contain jars and
>> reinstall them?
>
> Are you sure that this will fix this issue? As this *only* is used at
> build time of the rpms.

No, I guess that means that any rpms with jars that contain directories
and index files would have to be rebuilt.  I've only seen the problem in
tomcat but there may be others.  Anyway I'd like to get opennms working
on Centos5 and would prefer not to have to use an unpackaged version of
tomcat to do it.   How do the core java packages included in centos
relate to jpackage these days?  Can you still add jpackage repos to yum,
and which ones are appropriate for centos5?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com