[CentOS] network raid file system/server

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Jun 14 11:58:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:43:22PM +0200, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:
> > Hi Farkas,
> >
> >   I think a start is to look on PVFS2 (www.pvfs.org).
> >
> >   Or maybe using nbd and softwareraid ???
>
> Neither will eliminate servers and disks as single points of failiure.

You can add standard raid for eliminating disk failures as points of
failure.

Then there are drbd[1], ddraid[2] and (g)nbd + md for server raid.

I've been using drbd, and now I'm migrating to use ocfs2 + nfs on top of
it.

Coda also has a replicated server mode, but my system exceeded the
number of files supported by coda.

[1] http://www.drbd.org/
[2] http://sourceware.org/cluster/ddraid/

--