[CentOS] network raid file system/server

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Jun 14 21:54:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 11:35:30PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> afaik ocsf2 is not redundant:-(

It isn't redundant per se, but it allows you to access a shared storage
(hardware that supports it or network raid as I explained in my other
mail) simultaneously in multiple servers. Thus, you can have the service
available if multiple servers. If the service doesn't support multiple
instances, then you have to start it when the primary fails. In which
case, you wouldn't even need OCFS2 and could use ext3/xfs/...

--
lfr
0/0