[CentOS] missing Nagios dependencies: how to fix on yum?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:36:46 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, RR <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually ran 'yum install update' and 'yum install upgrade' after adding
> that the CentOS 5 rpmforge (instead of the CentOS 5 rpmforge).

really, you should only run 'yum update' or 'yum upgrade'. You're
mixing yum commands when you tell it to install and update. This may
have worked in your favor for now however, as both commands would
attempt to install a package named update and upgrade respectively.

> Is there any unscrambling these eggs?

run the following command:
rpm -qa | grep el5

to see what el5 packages you have installed. There shouldn't be many
more than the rpmforge-release package itself.

If there aren't any critical ones (If you're not sure, feel free to
put the list here and we'll tell you), then you can remove them with
rpm -e package-name (you don't need to include the version, just the
name of the package).

After that it's a simple matter of installing the proper
rpmforge-release package (for el4) and then installing from there.

George Orwell