[CentOS] network raid file system/server

Wed Jun 13 16:30:33 UTC 2007
Farkas Levente <lfarkas at bppiac.hu>

hi,
we've a few 10-20 server in a lan each has 4-8 hdd. we'd like to create
one big file server on these server hard disks and we'd like to create
it in a redundant way ie:
- if one (or more) of the hdd or server fails the whole filesystem still
usable and consistent.
- any server in this farm can see the same storage/filesystem.
it's someting a big network raid5-6... storage where we have about
40<partition added to the same network volume. and there is an fs over
it which hide all internal network raid functionality.
is there any such solution? i can't find any way to do this on our
linux servers.
thank you for your help in advance.