[CentOS] Oracle on NetApp

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Mar 13 16:39:27 UTC 2007

> I've had one experience with Oracle + Netapp and it was positive as
> well.  I will also concur with Paul and say that you do get amazing
> service by paying an order of magnitude (or more) extra for storage
> from Netapp.  :)

I saw a total-cost-of-ownership from our datacenters that was like
$40/megabyte for NetApp filers.    this was considerably higher than the
large scale EMC SAN (which also has proactive service where they show up
and swap out failing drives before you even know they are going
flakey).   FWIW, operations uses the EMC for Oracle, and the NetApp for
flat file storage.   I'm in development on a different continent, so all
this is hearsay, and that number could be way off.