[CentOS] GNU Telephony Centos repository

Theo Band theo.band at xanadu-wireless.com
Tue Mar 20 15:57:33 UTC 2007

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> The Gnu Telephony site:  http://wiki.gnutelephony.org
> Has a Centos repo:  http://dist.gnutelephony.org/RPMS/
> But I caught some text stating that this is for Centos 4.2.
> Is it really?  Is there a difference; i.e. would it be safe to install
> these on Centos 4.4?
> Really I am after Twinkle, and it seems there is a lot you need to
> actually get Twinkle installed...
I was able to compile and install it for Centos4.4. I had to specify
-no_dke for some reason. After my evaluation I stopped at idefisk.
Precompiled runs on FC3/FC4 and Centos44. Only need to install a library
object and put a link in the /usr/lib directory. This is not a SIP phone
however, it only runs with Asterisk.