[CentOS] Complex sendmail alias handling.

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon Mar 26 17:54:55 UTC 2007

From: John Summerfield Sent: March 24, 2007 15:52

> Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> >
> > I have a situation where I need to change the distribution of emails
> > for selected accounts on a regular basis. This is for the controlling
> > of the distribution of our "support" email address.
> >
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone out there new of something short of an
> > automatic email receiving and routing package (which I have not
> > done any research on) that might fit my simple requirements.
>

> A shared imap account/folder?
>
> Why aren't you doing this anyway? It's a good way for Freda to see what
> Fred said on the previous shift.

Hi John:

Thanks for your reply. That is a good suggestion but it probably will
not "fly" in our instance. We are using Outlook for the MUA and, as
far as I am aware, does not work with IMAP folders.

Also the sharing of email accounts is not going to work either. We are
a small shop with some overlap of responsibilities but it is not a 100%
overlap and we still need some distinction between users.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com