[CentOS] software raid

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Thu Mar 29 17:13:35 UTC 2007

Feizhou wrote:
> chrism at imntv.com wrote:
>> Feizhou wrote:
>>>
>>> don't know if it is still the case but ext3 + 3ware + ext3 = ultra
>>> slow. you'd want to use XFS or some other filesystem...
>
> argh...i missed the raid5 on 3ware part.

Ah.  No, I am using RAID0 since this is just scratch space for editing
large uncompressed video files.

Disks are so cheap and high enough capacity now that I don't even bother
with RAID5 anymore.  I still don't think (even if I was using RAID5)
that I would stray from the "vendor supported" ext3 filesystem.

Cheers,